AQ86U Aquila RED SERIES® Concert Low G Ukulele Strings
WHY A LOW G STRING?
- Fitting a Low G String tuned string set is easy to do.
- All your Chord Shapes stay exactly the same.
- Your Ukulele will now give you that Big Fat sound when strummed, yet is still easy playing on your fingertips.
- You effectively have 2 BASS Strings, the C string and now a G. Your G note is now LOWER than your C by 5 Semitones giving you more notes to play with.
- If you play ROCK Songs or BLUES Songs they will sound more 'authentic".
- The LOW G LINEAR TUNING feels more natural to guitarists transitioning to Ukulele.
- Playing Low Note riffs now "WORKS" and Scales just sound right because now the lowest Note on your ukulele is an Open G note on your 4th string.
- Linear tuning ROCKS!
INSTANTLY IMPROVE YOUR UKULELES TONE AND PLAYABILITY = FIT QUALITY STRINGS
Fitting a quality set of Ukulele Strings handmade in Italy by Aquila Corde Armoniche is still the easiest and cheapest way to improve your ukuleles Tone and Playability.
The Red Series Strings are the Fat Jazz Tone with Full Bass tone that you have been looking for.
- FREE Postage in Australia.
- FREE 1 on 1 Online Lesson with USA based teacher Online.
- Quality Guarantee
- Genuine Aquila Dealer.
- Australian Owned and Operated Company
- Australian Stock.
- Local Knowledgeable Customer Service and Backup.
- Secure Easy Ordering.
TUNING: LOW G - Gcea with a Wound Low G String.
RED SERIES® sets provide superior performance over traditional strings. A more rounded less bright tone than the White Nylgut or Super Nylgut strings. A Softer feel under your finger tips too.
Aquila's revolutionary new approach — unique to Aquila — changes the specific weight of the material, increasing it progressively to leave the gauge almost unchanged.
You never heard a sound like this before, simply because before it did not exist.
A unique feeling and a strong, consistent sound. Until now, it was necessary to increase the gauge of a string for it to produce a Fuller Bassier Jazzier Tone. But increasing the string’s diameter also increases internal dampening. That makes the string less bright, less responsive, and more muffled; the thicker the string, the duller the sound. NOT anymore with the Red Series.
The result is amazing: instruments sound brighter, more powerful, and more responsive through the entire range of the fretboard. The strings also maintain their intonation better, because thicker strings need to be fretted harder, pulling them further out of tune.
RED SERIES® sets provide superior performance over traditional strings for musicians who love bright sounds and powerful voicing across the full scale of the instrument.
WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT SHADES OF RED?
In the manufacturing process of our Red Series strings, we use different percentages of metal powder to optimize each string’s performance within the set. Because of this, the color varies slightly with each string in a set of Reds.
This is not a production problem. It is so each string produces the sound you expect from Aquila Reds!
Now, with Aquilas RED SERIES® strings you can finally tune your ukulele to Low G with the certainty of powerful sound quality and a superior intonation across the frets that is fully integrated with that of the upper treble strings.
The technical solution adopted was first to make the Nylgut elastic and then add the red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut.
Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime occurs with the Nylgut strings.
Elasticity/Elongation: consistent with white Nylgut!
Performances: better than the first elastic version! They do not break under tension providing rapid, stable tuning!
Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
Pressing the string firmly down on the frets does not cause the note to sharpen.
It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate our RED SERIES® string.
Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut.