Herb Ohta Jr Signature Series Ukulele Strings.
Beautiful Tone Starts With Beautiful Strings.
The GO TO string for Electric/Acoustic ukuleles through amplification.
Clear Low G
DO YOU PLAY ELECTRIC UKUELE?
Then the COJ Sets are YOUR Strings. The Herb Ohta Jr Signature strings are my GO TO string for electric ukes due to their increased tension and material hardness.
The COJ Herb Ohta Jr Strings give you maximum sustain when playing through an amplifier. Their slightly higher tension and slightly harder material feels much more like an Electric Guitar String. They are not flabbly, floppy, boomy, all the things that ruin your sustain. You get wonderful control of Vibrato techniques and Bending notes is a joy with these strings.
You can play with a very funky right hand and your palm muting techniques will work so much better with the COJ sets.
2 Restrings per Packet = Super Value
VALUE FOR MONEY
Worth Strings do things just a little bit differently, the way that Worth package their strings sets is that the Strings are Extra Long, Double length in fact, enough to restring your ukulele TWICE
DOUBLE LENGTH STRING? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Worth give you enough string length to restring your ukulele twice.
I normally remove the string, cut it in half, put 1 half on the ukulele and return 1 half of the string to its packet for next time.
Herb Ohta Jr and Worth Creation collaborated and created a Signature Set of Clear Flurocarbon Strings.
Herb Ohta Jr. has been using Worth Strings more than ten years. He selected his best gauge set and Worth released it as the Signature Clear Ohta Jr Set.
$30 Including Postage in Australia.
1st A: 0.0224 / 0.57mm HD
2nd E: 0.0290 / 0.74mm HD
3rd C: 0.0319 / 0.81mm HD
4th Low-G: 0.0344 / 0.88mm HD
A Message from Herb Ohta Jr.
"I’ve been using Wort Stings for the past 10 years. What I love about Wort Stings is their tonal quality and sustain. I find it easier on my fingers. The COJ set is my personal preference. Every ‘ukulele and every musician is different, but in my 40 plus years playing ‘ukulele, the COJ set by Worth Stings are the best for me!"
REVIEW OF WORTH STRINGS
"Worth – My favourite, hands down. These fluro-carbon strings pack more punch than most. They are bright sounding and pull very tight across the fretboard. These strings are used by Herb Ohta Jr., David Kamakahi, and Brittni Paiva.
There are two main kinds of strings that Worth makes: brown and clear. The brown strings are warmer sounding and the clears are brighter sounding. The clears are what I like. I’m usually a bass/middle frequency guy, I don’t like songs with treble boosted anything. But these strings work for me because my ukulele has such a warm sound, it all balances out. Both kinds of string comes with an optional unwound low G string (yay, no squeaks!) in normal, medium, or heavy tension" liveukulele.com
ABOUT WORTH STRINGS
Manufactured in Japan, Worth Creations make premium quality strings in Soprano/Concert, Tenor, Baritone, 6 and 8 string sets. Worth Strings is standard fitment to the prestige Hawaiian KoAloha ukuleles. Imported into OZ by Ukulele Trading Co Australia.
All the Browns
All the Clears
All the Sizes - JUST ASK ME
9 Benefits of Worth Premium Flurocarbon Ukulele Strings.
1. Easy Playing Feel under your fingers - Softer Material and Lower Tension Worth is a softer, easier feeling string under your fingertips, this is due to their lower tension and being made of Flurocarbon. Other brands/materials can 'shred' your fingertips, even after you have developed callouses on your fingertips, not Worth Strings.
2. Bending Notes and Vibrato – Smooth lead playing. If you like to bend notes then try Worth strings. Flurocarbon strings will not 'roll under’ your fingertips like other materials do. You can really 'dig in' and bend a note smoothly with great control of pitch and vibrato.
3. Brown or Clear Strings – Choose your tone Jazzy or Bright. Worth ukulele strings come in Brown and Clear versions. The Brown produces a warmer rounder jazzy sound while the Clear strings are the brighter. Many customers report Worth fluorocarbon strings exhibit a rounder softer tone, with less of a 'sharp attack' to the beginning of notes.
4. High or Low G sets – without finger squeak. The Worth low G ukulele strings are not wound, so they are less likely to give finger noise and do not have that annoying “Finger Squeak' of wound low G strings.
5. Value for money with 2 sets per pack - Worth ukulele strings come in double-length sets. Each package contains enough string length to restring your ukulele twice.
6. Rapid ‘Settling In’ with Stable Tuning - When new strings are fitted they will (regardless of brand) take some time to stretch and settle in. Unlike other strings Worth Ukulele Strings will stretch out and settle in just a few days, and will remain stable, with no further stretching due to unwanted elasticity of string material.
7. Volume Balance - Comparing Worth strings with nylon strings of the same tension, Worth strings have a more consistent and even volume and tone balance between the strings, especially the Low G sets.
8. Long Lasting - Worth Strings are less prone to breakage than strings manufactured from less durable and stable materials. Worth Low g strings are solid Flurocarbon and unlike wound low g strings there is NO outer wrap to separate or wear away from an inner core, the separation leads to string failure.
9. Stable Tuning - You will find Worth Ukulele Strings have very stable tuning regardless of Temperature and Humidity